Monday, December 14, 2009

A Curious Thought

So I'm watching Adult Swim earlier, which is a common occurance in my life. King of the Hill is on and notice something that both fascinates and terrifies me. Hank Hill and my father are almost exactly alike. At first I was kind excited about it, as it would really add some humor to my days spent with him in this tiny two bedroom apartment. But then I realize that what happens in the show is funny, because it's not happening to me.
Earlier this evening my dad sat me down and we have a twenty minute conversation argument about my shoes. He claims that my shoes are the reason I'm not getting a job, because they make other people believe I am a vagrant. I disagree. See that's something I think Hank Hill would be concerned about, and he told me he was concerned about my jean collection. Two of the four pairs I own have holes in them, and to him no one over the age of 16 wear jeans with holes in them. It's childish, or so he claims. I just thought that was silly, especially since the holes in my jeans are from wearing them so much, I bought them without the holes. I don't know, I feel lke I've been transported back in time and I'm living with my middle school principal or something(Make it a great day, or not. The choice is yours). I hope this doesn't become a trend, next he'll be asking for my pass book when I get up to pee.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friend,

    I read your blog as I sit scarfing cottage cheese and writing a blog of my own.

    There is hilarity in this.
    You'll see it once you're out of the situation.
    For now, just pretend to be a rather empathetic voyeur.

    Look on the bright side, Momma's gettin' a brand new pair o' shoes!

    Best Wishes!
    M-Chinn

    ReplyDelete