Friday, February 5, 2010

Irrational Fears > Reality

It's an unusual thing, being gripped in the palm of an irrational fear. I feel like I have more of these than I do anything else. Where some fear needles, I fear the wind. Where normal people fear death, I fear being ripped into an alternate plain of being where there is nothing but darkness. This fear is actually what spurred this blog because it is tightening it's grip on me more and more in recent days. River stayed at my home (ex-home now) and in the middle of the night got up to use the restroom. I was half asleep but when she closed my door my thoughts slipped in the dark place where i was suddenly gone form this world, and when I opened my door an expanse of nothingness would answer and I was going to be trapped forever. Then, of course, she returned from the bathroom, my hallway safe and secure behind her. I don't quite understand where this fear came from, but it is getting worse. More and more I close my eyes and fear that when I open the I will be gone. It could also be that this fear is a manifestation of a fear of death, but I doubt that because I have very little fear of death itself, and I have little fear of not existing, it wouldn't bother me to no longer exist in this world, but it would bother me to be in a whole other world entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment